Friday, December 19, 2014

Thursday December 18, 2014

Thursday December 18, 2014 Nancy has a new alarm clock. She is up at 0645 and heading to MVP for a swim. No MVP for me, I have to take the Cobalt in this morning to get the paint sealer reapplied. Hard to believe that the Cobalt is five years old. It has only 22,500 miles on it and most of the mileage was on a single trip to CA. I did have time for coffee at Panera this morning. I do not agree with our President often but I think the Cuba decision was the correct one. It took about 45 minutes to get the Cobalt done. I got home about 1200 and took Ms P on her walk. Today is a dark gloomy day. Temps this morning were below freezing but soon warmed up to 33. It was misting most of the day. I think this week’s weather is what I would expect in London. Today we have nine hours (actual 9h01’) of daylight. LA has 54 minutes more. Edinburgh, Scotland has seven hours. I did take a short nap. I finished the daylight hours with a three mile walk. I stopped at the bank. We are having dinner at Russ’s and then we are going to Nancy’s friend Kathi’s house for wine and cheese. Stay tuned! Nancy and I could not get over the effort Kathi put forth decorating her home. It was great. We had snacks and opened a bottle of wine Debbie had sent us. We spent several hours talking. A great evening. Fifty years ago this evening was my last night on Midway Island. I had spent over a year on this small piece of sand in the middle of the Pacific. The Navy base was on Sand Island that had an area of about 1,000 acres. I had my seabag packed, Navy for suitcase, and could not wait to leave on Friday’s flight to Hawaii.

No comments: