Monday, January 20, 2014

Monday January 20, 2014

Up at 0500 to take Ms P out. Back to bed and I slept in until 0800. I tried to download the WSJ but then remembered the WSJ is not published on a holiday. I had a quick breakfast and then dropped a leather vest off at Mr Thang's to get a rip repaired. I got in the pool at MVP at 1000 and had no problem getting a lane. I think the chlorine in the pool is getting to my sinus so I wore a nose plug. After the swim I got Nancy's car washed and then I filled it up. I had coffee at Starbucks in D&W. I started cleaning up my desk. As I have reported lately the weather has reminded me of my boyhood. This afternoon I called Lloyd Aikens. Lloyd for years was my Dad's best friend and accountant. In fact the only place he worked was Scott Engineering. My mother was his fifth grade teacher. Lloyd is now 90. During WWII he froze his feet during the Battle of the Bulge. We talked about old times for about 30 minutes. It was great. I did take a short nap. Ms P has been around the block. It is now 1715 and as soon as I finish I will take a two mile walk. Nancy's train arrives at 2200. I will pick Nancy and Jennie up and deliver them home. I am not thinking Spring so much I wish we could have some sun. The temperature has been falling all day and the high temps until Saturday will be in the teens.

No comments: