Monday, January 13, 2014

Monday January 13, 2014

I am still playing catch-up. I hope to be on a standard routine soon. Sunday January 12: Today is the first time we did a Sunday swim at MVP. They open at 0800 on Sunday and that means they open at 0800. The MAC let us in early. Nancy and I had to share a lane. We did it without any conflict. The pool is much cooler than the MAC but I think it makes for a better experience. Nancy agrees. In fact Nancy liked the pool. After the swim we headed for Meijer's. Not the Knapp Corners Meijer's but the Cascade Meijer's. We had to restock our larder so our cart was full. Nancy fixed her world famous scrambled eggs for breakfast. I took my Sunday nap and watched some football. Walking is kind of treacherous because all the ice on the walks. If you want to take a walk the best place is in the street. Ms P and I walked around the block twice. She needed the exercise. At 1730 we headed to Kathi's house in Plymouth. Kathi is a friend of Nancy's. Kathi had set up a table with all kinds of good snacks. Beer and wine was also available. Kathi had invited several friends. Nancy and I knew the majority of guests. A good time was had by all. We got home at 2100 and watched some TV before heading upstairs. Monday January 13: Ms P is on a weird schedule. I took her out at 0430. The alarm went off at 0600 and I dressed and headed to MVP. I was in the pool at 0700 and did not have to share a lane. I also did some calisthenics. After MVP I drove to D&W to buy a lottery ticket and then to Rylee's. I bought some salt for use on the driveway. It was in the high 30s today but cold and snow are coming. I walked to the Kava Shop for my coffee and WSJ. The news media is really making a big deal out Gov Christie's problems. I understand that this is typical NJ politics. Both parties are guilty. I have given up on the Middle East. I just don't understand the interplay between tribes and sects. My advise: get out now. I did take a nap today. Ms P and I walked around the block two times. She does not like walking in the street. We will have a light dinner and watch some TV. My new schedule calls for a 2200 bed time. I did get my 30 in today. Did you?

No comments: