Sunday, December 15, 2013

Sunday December 15, 2013

Weekend Update: Snow, snow, temperatures between 19 and 21 all weekend. Friday the 13th. Too much snow on the roads so I walked to the MAC. I over dressed because I really worked up a sweat. I had to dry my shirt with a hair dryer. I was in the pool at 0630 and did my 1500 meters. The main conversation at the MAC is where are you going? They mean when the MAC closes on Jan 5. A lot of folks are emotional but Nancy and I are ready to move on. No big deal. After the MAC I walked to Macatawa Bank to make a deposit and then to Breton Village. I spent several hours looking at some plans. It started snowing hard in the afternoon. I had to shovel. Nancy and I took her friend Kathy out for dinner at the old Gibbons. Kathy was a realtor and we wanted some advice on selling our house and finding a condo or apartment. I was surprised that Kathy favored renting. I am leaning this way. After dinner we stopped by Kathy's house for dessert. It being the 13th I bought a lottery ticket. No luck. I won a jeep in 1956 with the number 13. About this day in December 1962 I left Midway Island about 1400 and headed to Hawaii. It was 70 when I left. I never left an airport until I arrived in Alpena. I flew from Hawaii to SFO and then to Chicago. From Chicago I took the milk run. We stopped in Benton Harbor, Kalamazoo, Detroit, Flint and finally Alpena. It was -17 when I got off the airplane in Alpena. My Mother and Dad were there to meet me. Saturday December 14: I shoveled first thing. Nancy went to water aerobics and I walked to Bill's. We had a bad storm out of the east. The walk home, 2.5 miles, was brutal because I walked into the wind. As soon as I got home I shoveled. I did take a short nap and then spent some time in the office. At 1600 I went out and shoveled again. We had dinner at Houlhan's with Ed and Mary Namey. After dinner we went to the Namey's for dessert. It was a pleasant evening. Sunday December 15: I took Ms P out at 0500 and shoveled the walk. Today is Nancy and Bob's last Sunday swim at the MAC. After the swim we headed to Meijer's. Gas was $3.09. We did not buy much. Nancy fixed her world famous scrambled eggs for breakfast. I took my Sunday nap and right now, 1714, I am writing this blog. As soon as I finish I will head outside and shovel. Tonight we will watch 60 Minutes, read the GRP. A very typical Sunday in GR.

No comments: