Thursday, August 8, 2013

Thursday August 8, 2013

Happy Birthday to my sister Helen. May she enjoy many more. I can remember when my parents brought Helen home. I can remember Dad picking up mother in his arms and carrying her upstairs. In those days new mothers were not suppose to exercise. I thought it was quite a feat of strength for Dad. This morning both Nancy and I went swimming. Nancy drove to the MAC and I biked. After my swim I did the calisthenics and then pedaled to the Starbucks at Breton Village for coffee. I had a quick lunch and headed outside to finish picking up tree limbs. It took about two hours. Nancy and I had dinner at Great Lakes Shipping. We sat outside. We watched some TV and at 2100 I decided I needed to take a walk. It was dark but a lot of folks were also out walking. They were enjoying the nice evening. I wanted to know the temperature so I got out my iphone and checked. I was in EGR and the phone said the temp in EGR was 70. I walked about four houses into Grand Rapids and the iphone changed locations from EGR to GR. The temperature remained the same. I have several apps on my phone that I use all the time. Google, flashlight, pedometer, dictionary, Facebook and the Alpena News I use daily. It is now 2154 and I am heading to bed. 0455 comes early.

No comments: