Sunday, August 25, 2013

Saturday August 24, 2013

Today is Garage Sale Saturday. No Bill's this morning. Instead I drive to Kava House and got coffee and scones for Nancy and me. All sale items were stored in the garage last night. We had to move the merchandise outside. The sale starts at 0900 but we had folks before 0830. Nancy was well organized. She had enough money to make change. We kept Ms P on her leash. Sale hours were 0900-1400. It was an OHNA sale and there were about 15 neighbors taking part. AT 1200 I loaded up my urban bike and headed to Millennium Park. I rode my 21 mile route. The trail was crowded. The weather today was just perfect. Blue sky, sunny and temps in the low 80s. Nancy started closing up at 1400. It took us an hour to move unsold items to the basement. We also filled the trunks with items that would probably never sell. I took these items to Goodwill. After our showers we decided to take an early dinner. We headed to Rose's on Reeds Lake. We got a table on the deck over looking the lake. After our pleasant dinner we headed to Spoonlickers for dessert. We had their frozen yogurt. At 2100 we were too tired to stay downstairs so we headed to bed. It was a great summer's Saturday.

No comments: