Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Wednesday October 31, 2012

I had to get up early this morning because I have breakfast club. It was pitch black on my ride downtown. Today's speaker was from the GR Public Museum. The City of GR no longer funds the Museum so they have to find other sources of funds. A three county millage has been proposed but no decision has been made. It was a very interesting presentation. I happen to think that museums and parks all enhance quality of life. I always support public taxes to support these facilities. After BC I stopped at the Kava House and read the WSJ. Almost the entire issue was about Sandy and its aftermath. It is a major problem. "The best laid plans of mice and men are often screwed by Mother Nature. When I got home Nancy was on her way to see the Doctor about blood pressure medication. After we walked around the block I put Ms P in the C2 and headed to Rylee's. I punched a small hole in my office wall so I wanted to purchase a fixture that would cover the hole but could also serve as a hanger. I got the right stuff and it only cost $0.79. Eat your heart out Home Depot. Nancy got home about 1200 and she had some prescriptions sent to Costco. The Doctor also prescribed some stomach medicine for me to take on our trip to SE Asia. Nancy is working at the Gardens and Ms P and I are heading to Costco. Today is Halloween my least favorite holiday. Last year we had bus loads of kids and adults knocking at our door. We quit counting at 300. Tonight we are turning our lights out and not participating. The Dental folks will thank us. I just got back from a 2 mile walk ( had to get my 30' in). It has been raining all day and the rain and wind have taken about 80% of the leaves off the trees.

No comments: