Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Monday October 1, 2012

Ms P and I both answered natures call at 0430. I finally got up at 0700. Nancy has to meet a Vendor this morning so she is not going to the MAC. Her cold is just a bit better. I am still only going 2/3rds on the exercises. My cold is better but I do not want to overdo it. I read the WSJ, DFP and drank my coffee at Breton Village today. Both the WSJ and DFP had articles on the referendums that are on our ballot. All of the referendums were placed on the ballots by special interests. I hate referendums and will vote against them all. The family that owns the Ambassador Bridge between Detroit and Windsor, Ontario has been running ads against a new bridge to Canada that the Canadians sorely want. The ads are outright lies. I am surprised that all the parties that want the bridge have not taken a stronger stand. The big three, our governor, the Detroit and Michigan Chamber of Commerce and all the construction trade unions want the new bridge. It is really frustrating. I had my coffee at Breton Village so I could get home earlier. However, I walked by Fitzgerald's and saw a pair of pants that I liked. I bought the pants. I got home at 1300 and after a quick lunch Nancy and I headed downtown to visit more Art Prize Venues. Spent about 3 hours visiting several new sites. Downtown was crowded and we ran into several old neighbors. We also saw Missy's old hearing teacher, Ms Bittrick, and Debbie's French teacher, Ms Boyd. We got home at 1700. We had a light dinner and then watched the news. No paper copy of the GRP today so I read it on my computer. The quality of reporting has declined big time since the GRP eliminated delivery on 4 days. We watched the only decent show on Monday, Major Crimes, before going to bed.

No comments: