Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Monday June 6, 2011

Today is the 67th anniversary of the D-Day landing. I knew several men who took part in the invasion. The youngest is now 85 years old.

Monday morning and Ms P and I start the day at 0430. It was warm at 0430 and the weather folks say that it will be another warm sunny day. I followed the normal routine and ended up at the Kava House at 1130. Today's WSJ did a good job on reporting on the troubles in the Middle East. I also find very interesting China's cyberspies and the efforts they go to in order to obtain sensitive information. I am assuming we are doing the same.

I did not know that John D Rockefeller was a major player in getting the 18th Amendment passed. He was against drinking alcohol. According to the WSJ tomorrow is the 79th anniversary of the beginning of the end for the 18th amendment. John D sent a letter to the NYT saying that the ban was not working and the amendment should be repealed. The purpose of the article was to point out that a lot of present day leaders are saying that the "War on Drugs" is a failure and drugs should be legalized. I firmly agree.

It is also good to hear that many current leaders are saying that the war in Afghanistan is too costly and not providing the results we want. Bring the troops home. Once again I firmly agree.

I got home about 1300 and after a quick lunch I headed to Veenstra's to get a adobe file made of the 1972 street light plan. I hope to superimpose my street light data on the file. I also stopped by the ADA bike shop on Fulton to see if they had any high visibility vests. They did not. I walked Ms P around the block and then took an 8 mile bike ride.

Tonight was cereal night and after watching some TV and reading the GRP we headed to bed. Before going to bed we turned on the AC. This is the first time this year that we needed the AC.

No comments: