Sunday, September 3, 2023

September 2, 2023

 Saturday September 2, 2023

Blog time 1616 sitting at office desk.

Up this morning at 0715.  Our Saturday restaurant is closed today.  We had breakfast at Nonna’s in Ada.  Nancy had Quiche and I had 2 fried eggs with potatoes, sausage, and toast.  Of course we both had coffee.  Nonna’s is a pleasant place but the food is only C.  

After breakfast we took a short drive.  Today is another warm pleasant day.  We ended up at Panera for our free coffee.  

At home Nancy started the laundry.  The size of today’s laundry is huge.  I took the Escape to get it filled up.  I can’t remember the price of gas.

While Nancy is working hard on the laundry I got on my new Surly bike and took a 10 mile ride.  The highlight of the trip was I encountered a young buck deer with a new set of antlers.  Another sure sign of fall.

After the ride I showered, shaved.  My skin is so dry I have to apply lotion after every shower.  Nancy does my back.  I took a short nap.  

It is now 1630. I checked the Detroit News and found out both UM and MSU won their football games. Does anyone care?

In several minutes Nancy and I are driving to Culver’s for a frozen custard.  This will be our evening meal.

My weekend project is to make a payment from Lucas’s Michigan Education Savings Program for his first semester’s payment at University California Irving.  It does not look to complicated.  

Cancel Culver’s! because we wanted real ice cream.  We drove to Scooper’s in Ada.  I had two scoops of vanilla and Nancy had a single dip of a blended chocolate ice cream.  Scooper’s has great ice cream but it will close for the season in a couple of weeks.

Tonight we watched two episode of “The Red Dahlia”.  Should be done soon.

Nancy headed to bed and I stayed up to read the WSJ.  Turned the AC on before bed hoping it will help me sleep better.


No comments: