Saturday, September 16, 2023

September 15, 2023

 Friday September 15, 2023

Blog time 1635 sitting in office.

Woke at 0725 today.  It was a cool 45 with sunrise at 0722.  

Nancy left for MVP at 0800.  No MVP for me today.  I did all my calisthenics at home.

Fixed oatmeal for breakfast.  No blueberries so I put a small box of raisins on the cereal. Put on bike clothes and pedaled the 5.5 miles to the Lake Eastbrook Panera.  Ordered coffee and baguette.  Started reading the Michigan papers when Nancy joined me for about 5 minutes.

Nancy had a 1230 lunch today.  I took a nap while she was dining

The Michigan news today was dominated by the UAW strike.  I sure hope the strike is a short one.

As soon as Nancy got home from lunch we headed to Meijer’s.  We replenished our larder.

Tonight Nancy and I attended Happy Hour, small turnout.  For dinner we drove to Culver’s for a frozen yogurt.

It is now 1900.  Mexican Train starts in 15 minutes.  Nancy likes playing.  I will stay home.

On this date in 1938 Ossineke, Mi.  Great Grandfather wrote it was cool but no frost.  He spent the morning digging potatoes.  Great Grandmother Sanborn and Aunt Julia picked beans.  GGF helped shell the beans.

Nancy attended Mexican Train but found out they’re two Mexican Train groups at Cook Valley.  Tonight was not her group.

Tonight we finished watching “Who is Erin Carter”.  Bob rated the show A-, Nancy a C+.

After the show Nancy headed to bed and I stayed up and read the WSJ.

No comments: