Sunday, September 17, 2023

September 16, 2023

 Saturday September 16, 2023

Blog time 1915, sitting at office desk.

I slept in until almost 0800 this morning.  Temp in high 40s and cloudy.  This morning we had breakfast at “The Gathering Place”.  Light crowd, we had our standard Saturday fare.  Omelette for Nancy and oatmeal for me.

After breakfast we took a ride north on Thornapple River Drive.  Drove through the new Ada Village under construction.  Progress is being made.  Some of the new apartment are now occupied.

We made a quick stop at Meijer’s for supplies.  Ended the morning we our free coffee at Panera.  Also shared a croissant.

At home Nancy started the laundry.  I put on my bike clothes.  On today’s ride I rode north to Cascade Road east on Cascade to Forest Hills Ave, north to Ada Drive.  Rode 5 miles on Ada Dr before heading home.  Total bike miles = 11.  

I did see a deer taking apples from a tree in a resident’s front yard.  The deer would also drop an apple for her fawn.

Showered, shaved and then a nap.  I did not watch any football today.  Is my lack of interest in sports because of low testosterone.

For dinner tonight we drove to Culver’s.  Ordered their frozen custard.  I have no idea of the sugar or calories in the custard.  I suppose I should look up.

Debbie called this evening.  We got caught up.

Tonight we watched a BritBox show whose name escapes me.

We were both in bed by 2200.

No comments: