Monday, July 9, 2018

Sunday July 8, 2018

Saturday July 8, 2018

Blog time 1400 sitting at dining table

Nancy and I slept in until 0715.   I walked outside and encountered nothing but sun.  Another beautiful summer’s day.

I walked to Panera for a quick oatmeal breakfast.  Nancy fixed Missy and AJ breakfast at home.

Early afternoon Nancy and I walked AJ to several ponds in our back yard.  AJ had a net and she caught a tadpole.  AJ wanted to keep the tadpole so I hurried home and got a pail.  Made a quick trip to Meijer’s to buy a gold fish bowl and some fish food.

Today we had an early dinner at Rose’s on Reeds Lake.  We sat on the deck overlooking the lake.  A great way to spend a warm summer’s afternoon.  As always the food at Rose’s was good.

Missy is flying back to LA tonight.  At 1900 I drove her to the airport.  She will arrive in LA about midnight.

We had a light dinner and watched some Netflix before turning in.  

Sunday July 8, 2018

We got up at 0630.  No church today.  Nancy and I did take our Sunday walk around the block.  Very pleasant.  Sunny and mid 80s today.

Quick breakfast and then we headed to Meijer’s for gas and some supplies.  Nancy bought AJ a chocolate donut.  It looked good.  I resisted the temptation.

 Read a section of the GRP and then we all headed to the pond to look for more tadpoles.  AJ spotted a fox in the middle of the old fairway.  We think is was looking for moles.  It took over an hour before AJ netted another tadpole.  

I took a short bike ride to the Y.  Did some stretches and calisthenics.  When I got home I found out that Nancy and AJ had gone back to the pond.  AJ netted two more tadpoles in a matter of minutes.

Showered, lunch and then a nap.  Nancy grilled hamburgers for dinner.  First time this year we used the grill.  Also had corn on the cob.

Nancy and AJ played Maj Jong while I finished the GRP.   We both watched an episode of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.  Nancy headed to bed and I watched The Forest.  A busy summer’s weekend.








No comments: