Saturday, July 28, 2018

Friday July 27, 2018

Friday July 27, 2018

Blog time 1145 at Panera

We had partial sun when first went out.  Rain predicted to start around 1100 so I had to hustle to get to Panera before the rain.  Who wants to sit in wet clothes.

Nancy is back on her regular exercise schedule at MVP.  She headed out before me.  I had breakfast and then headed out.  On my ride today I passed Pastor Karen of Trinity Lutheran.  She was out for a walk.  

Halfway through my 7.5 mile ride it started to sprinkle.  It looked like the rain would be short because I noted blue sky off to the west.

Dried my shirt using the hair dryers at the Y.  Today was old home week at the Y.  I met our old OH neighbor Fred Davison, another Civil Engineer, Chuck Olsen and son Stephen’s class mate Brad Verker.  Brad was taking his son to a camp at the Y.

Left the Y in bright sun but it started to pour just after I sat down at Panera.  Summer weather is hard to predict.

This afternoon I wanted to visit Cabelas’ and Duluth Trading Company.  Both stores are located in Grandville near Rivertown Mall.   Nancy came along with me.

I really did not have any thing in mind that I needed but if I came across a solid color long sleeve cotton shirt with two pockets and a button down collar I might buy one.  Spent several hours looking around but made no purchase.  

The Duluth Trading Company is a new store.  I have purchased several items on-line from DTC.  The store was a disappointment.  They had limited stock.  I don’t know how long it will remain open.  The store was empty.

For dinner we headed to Shepard’s Grill.  We have never had a problem getting a table but tonight all the tables were taken and several parties were waiting.  We headed to Brann’s.  Found a table and ordered our usual fare.  A bowl of lobster bisque for me and a sandwich for Nancy.  I also had a glass of wine and Nancy a frozen margarita.

Tonight we watched an episode of Broadchurch.  The show is filmed in a down and out area of Wales.  After Broadchurch Nancy headed to bed and I watched some American Ninja Warrior.  I am hooked on this show.  


No comments: