Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Monday July 16, 2018

Monday July 16, 2018

Blog time 1130 at Panera

Good Grief July is half over!  Doesn’t seem fair.  How come February doesn’t move this fast?

Got up at 0615.  It was warm, 72, and humid this morning.

Light exercises, breakfast and then biked to the Y.  I took my normal route.  Despite being an easy ride I was drenched in sweat when I got to the Y.  I dried my shirt under the hair dryer.

The summer youth camps at the Y seem to get bigger and bigger.  The kids are all having fun.

This morning Nancy is taking AJ to the Public Museum.  They have a new show at the planetarium.

POTUS’s visit with Russian President Putin is the main news story.  Our President’s confusing comments about U.K. politics is not making many friends.  The trade wars are said to have a negative impact in the economy but the stock market is holding its own.  Does anyone really understand?

As soon as I get home I grab several items I want to put in our safe deposit box and bike to Macatawa Bank.  Deposited the items and got some cash for our trip to the LA area.

Nancy said the planetarium at the GRPM was boring.  She was also disappointed that the venue she wanted to see was closed.

After lunch I drove to Meijer’s to get some toiletries for our trip.  Also bought apples, bananas and some school supplies for grand kids.

I have been having some problems with my reading glasses.  I used the strength test machine and determined that my glasses, 2.0, were too strong.  I bought a 1.5 strength and they work great.  

I spent some time packing before taking a short nap.  It was so hot and humid that Nancy and AJ left at 1600 for a swim at MVP.  

Nancy called me at 1730 and said AJ had found some friends so they were staying longer.  I took my walk before dinner.

We had a light dinner about 1900.  We watched an episode of Inspector Lewis before turning in.


No comments: