Friday, June 13, 2014

Friday June 13, 2014

Today is the last time in my life that I will see a full moon on Friday the 13th. The next time this will happen will be in 2049. After the morning calisthenics I loaded the single speed and headed to Millennium Park. I did the same route as yesterday, 18 miles. I had coffee at Wealthy Street Bakery. Although the situation in the Middle East is very dangerous, I am fascinated by all the tribal fighting. The Kurds, Sunnis and Shias. A lot of folks say the problem is the result of the US, France and UK establishing false borders after WW I. After coffee I showered and then Nancy and I headed to Sullivan's to get a patch of our new carpet. We needed a patch to give to the painter so he can select a color for the walls. We never got a patch but Sullivan's gave us some threads from our selected carpet. Sullivan's must be low overhead business. What company does not have patches. Our next stop was Costco. We bought an inflatable mattress and some vitamin D. Our last stop was the Paper's Plus store in Gaslite Village. I did take a short nap. We had dinner at the Brandywine in Eastown. We are now watching Sherlock on Netflix. I do not like the second season.

No comments: