Thursday, April 18, 2013

Thursday April 18, 2013

Boy did it rain last night. We had heavy rain, thunder and lightning and high winds. Ms P went bonkers despite the fact that we gave her a pill. I don't ride my bike when I might encounter lightning. I drove to the MAC and the first thing I noticed when I walked in was that a sign said the pool was closed because of electrical storms. I did my non-swim routine. As I was heading to the shower I heard that the pool was now open. I headed back, put on my suit and swam 500 yards. I read my papers at Breton Village today. I did stop by the pet store to see if they had any thunder suits for dogs. A thunder suit is an elastic vest that fits over the dog. I guess the tightness of the vest reduces stress. It was $40 so I though maybe I would do some research. This afternoon I spent reading. I am reading "Naked in DaNang" a book about Air Force spotters during the Vietnam war. The book was loaned to me and I have to have it read by Sunday. I just took Ms P around the block. It has been raining for about two days and we are having some serious flooding around the area. Nancy is attending a wine and cheese party this afternoon. We will not go the Great Lakes Shipping tonight. I am heading to Subway as soon as I finish this blog. Tonight we will read the GRP and watch Person of Interest. The rain will continue until tomorrow morning and then maybe Friday will be dry.

No comments: