Sunday, April 14, 2013

April 14, 2013

Weekend update: Saturday April 13, and as usual I got on my bike and rode to Bill's for their oatmeal breakfast. I took my rain pants because it is suppose to start snowing at 1000. I left Bill's at 1030 and sure enough it was snowing. I put on my rain pants and rode around Reeds Lake. During my ride my cheap chain quard started rubbing against the wheel crank. I stopped at GR Bike Co in Gaslight amd asked them to take the guard off. I walked home and started checking my email when I got a call from GR Bike saying my bike was done. I had to mail a package at the post office so I put my bike helmet in a back pack and walked to the PO and then to GR Bike. It is great having a bike shop within walking distance. Every time I think of moving to a Condo I wonder if I could find a place that would be as pedestrian friendly as 1555 Mackinaw. I can walk to several coffee shops and restaurants as well as a grocery store, post office and bike shop. I spent some time in my office reading. For dinner Nancy and I went to Russ's. I had the hot turkey sandwich and Nancy had the chicken rice soup. Not much on TV so we headed upstairs early. Sunday April 14 and it is our swim day. We are up at 0655 and get to the MAC at 0745. They let us in early and we were done swimming by 0845. We both swam 1,500 yards. We cannot swim next Sunday because of an event so today was our last Sunday swim for three weeks. Gas at Meijer's today was $3.45. We are having three couples over for dinner next week so Nancy had some supplies to buy. For breakfast Nancy fixed her world famous scrambled eggs. While we were having breakfast it started to snow hard. The snow was sticking. I took my Sunday nap and when I got up the sun was out and the snow was gone. I took Ms P on a 1 mile walk and then took a 1.5 mile walk. During my absence Nancy facetimed Missy. She appears to be having a busy schedule. Tonight Nancy is fixing hot dogs and baked beans for dinner. A meal that I really like. We will read the GRP and watch 60' before heading upstairs. The things you remember. Today is Billy Ladkau's birthday. Bill and I went K-12 together. I think he is a Methodist preacher in South Carolina.

No comments: