Sunday, April 7, 2013

Sunday April 7, 2013

It is catch up time. Wednesday April 3, 2013: Breakfast Club at 0700. The speaker talked about the new $30M Farmer's Market being built. The new market is a lot like the West Side Market in Cleveland. I left BC club early because I had to be home at 0900. Sommerdyke Plumbing installed a new water heater. It took about 90 minutes to install. After lunch I got my thatching rake out and started raking the front yard. This is the most difficult yard task that I have. I did only the yard in front of the house and it took 3 hours. I was so tired that I did not feel like turning on the computer. Thursday April 4: Wednesday was a sunny clear day and Thursday was more of the same. I did my tri today. I had to be home by 1300 so I took my coffee and papers at the Starbucks in Breton Village D&W. I got home at 1300 and B&B Chimney Sweeps were waiting for me. The GR Building Code required that for our new water heater we needed a chimney liner. The liner folks were very efficient and they were done in an hour. They inspected the top of the chimney and said I needed some brick work done beacuse we had loose bricks. I have noted the loose bricks but did not want to do the work. B&B gave me an estimate and I think later this summer I will have the top of the chimney repaired. I continued my yard work in the afternoon. I raked the planter strip and the east side front yard. I am alway amazed at how much loose grass I pick up. I spent another 3 hours in the yard. Ms P joined me on all my work outside. She is getting old so all she does is sniff around the bushes for rabbits and follows me around. Kim cleaned today so our house looks good. We had dinner at Great Lakes Shipping. I had the fish and chips. I did manage to stay awake until 2100 so I could watch "Person of Interest". Friday April 5: My yard work is begining to catch up with me. However, it was another nice sunny day so not only did I do my full exercise schedule but I spent 3 hour raking the back yard. I was too tired to go out to dinner so we ordered a pizza. I did stay awake to watch "Vegas". I like that show. Saturday April 6: I slept in until almost 0830. Instead of going to Bill's I pedaled to the Kava House and had a coffee and scone. I finished the yard work today. It only took about two hours. It was cloudy and windy today with rain expected later in the day. I was glad I got the yard raked before it rained. I hate raking but I have been doing it for the last five years and the grass has never looked better. Even several neighbors have commented how nice the grass looks. I am glad the job is done but during my efforts I kept thinking that condo living does have it advantages. Nancy has also made the same comment lately. Nancy fixed me a soup and sandwich for dinner. I stayed awake long enough to see the first half of the UM BB game. Sunday April 7, 2013: It rained last night so I was glad the yard work was done. We got up at 0655 and headed to the MAC. We both swam 1,500 yards. Gas at Meijer's was $3.64 this morning. Nancy fixed her world famous scrambled eggs for breakfast. I took my Sunday nap. After the nap I turned on my computer for the first time in five days. As soon as I finish this blog I am going for a walk. Nancy is fixing sloppy joes and soup for dinner. Sounds good. We will watch 60 minutes and read the GRP before going to bed.

No comments: