Sunday, August 14, 2011

Thursday August 11, 2011: It is back to normal. I ease into my exercises by going 50%. No one at the Kava House asked about my absence. After lunch I tried to get caught up on reading my mail and paying some bills.

For dinner Nancy and I went to Great Lakes Shipping. We sat outside and listened to their singer. It was a very pleasant evening to sit outside. We stopped at Talbot's in Breton Village so Nancy could look over their sale items.

We read the GRP and watched some TV before retiring. I am still suffering from jet-lag.

Friday August 12: Today I increased my exercise effort to 67% of normal. I took some time to read all the articles on the debt problems in Europe and the US. I still do not know how all the money transactions are handled on an international level. Buying and selling different currencies and their exchange rates is confusing. Maybe I can find an on-line class.

I took a 2.25 mile walk in the late afternoon. We stayed home Friday night.

Saturday August 13: It rained last night. I had to drive to Bill's for my pancake breakfast because of the rain. The weatherman said that we would have a 3 hour break from the rain in the late morning. I decided that maybe I could sneak in a bike ride. I loaded the bike on the C2 and headed to Millennium Park. I rode 26 miles in 2 hours.

After a quick lunch I took a short nap. At 1800 Nancy and I arrived at the Namey's for dinner. The Moleski's and Tim were also there. Mary Namey cooked a great meal. We left about 2100. When we got home I finished the GRP and then got caught up in a Clint Eastwood movie, Unforgiven. It was about the 10th time I had seen it. I finally went to bed at 2300.

Sunday August 14: We get up at 0700 and we are in the pool at 0800. We both swam for 45 minutes. After the MAC we headed to Meijer's for our weekly supplies. I bought gas and it was $3.65 per gallon. I also returned about 75 pop and beer bottles. We did not purchase many supplies. Nancy fixed her world famous scrambled eggs for breakfast. I took my Sunday afternoon nap. After the nap we went to Kohl's because they are having a super sale. I bought some Jockey underwear. I finished the afternoon with a 3.3 mile walk. I had cereal for dinner because tomorrow I have to go in for some blood tests. I have my annual physical on Tuesday and the tests are required. We finished the GRP and watched 60 Minutes. It is now 2150 and I am going to bed.

No comments: