Monday, August 29, 2011

Friday August 26, 2011

Friday morning and I am glad it is Friday because for some reason I am tired. How can a retired person think Friday is special? I do the morning routine at the MAC and then head for the Kava House. It is another nice day. This has been a special summer and I don't want it to end.

This morning I got a call from Grand Rapids Bike Co. that my retro bike was ready for pickup. I had a five speed internal hub installed. I now have five speeds on the retro. I want to ride this bike on some off road trails. After a quick lunch I head to GRBC and pick up my retro. I also bought a speedometer. When I got home I installed the speedometer and took the bike for a spin. I worked through all 5 gears. It worked great.

For dinner we head for Cherios. This is the restaurant that is attached to the MAC. It has been open about 2 months. We sat outside on their desk. I had a club sandwich which I thought was great. The place was not crowded. Nancy and I wonder how long it will last.

We got home in time to watch the news. I stayed up late watching "Fiddler on the Roof" on TV.

No comments: