Friday, September 19, 2008

Friday September 19, 2008

After my busy week, I slept until 0630 this morning. The day was warm and sunny.

This afternoon for the first time in over a week I went kayaking. I paddled around Reeds Lake. The lake level was about 1.5' above normal. The high water allowed me to paddle to areas that normally are too shallow. It takes about 75 minutes to paddle around the lake.

After kayaking I started packing for our trip to the elder hostel in Utah. It took about 20 minutes. I hope I have everything.

This evening Nancy and I went to a neighborhood TGIF. I was surprised at the number of people in attendance. The weather was so nice that the party was held in the Davidson's back yard.

I am going kayaking tomorrow also. Nancy and I will eat at home tomorrow because we must be up at 0330 on Sunday in order to catch our 0530 flight out of GR. More on the trip tomorrow. My spell check worked today.

1 comment:

carolbuzzard said...

You sound like you enjoyed visiting with Bob's retirerment. I remember when I was young we would go all around the Michigan boarder. The places you visited and sight seen were beutaful and touching to the heart. I hope for the Bob in your life he is on the right path. What a big business to retire from. He must have it made for himself and his wife. Will Bob do some more travling? It sounds like he will continue to use his new job of a retired man as a guide. Lots of luck to you both.