Friday, September 12, 2008

Friday September 12, 2008

Today it sprinkled all day. I was lucky enough to miss the rain on the bike ride to and from the MAC. I must make 1 correction to yesterday's blog. I stated that gas was $2.80/gallon. Ever alert Tasha pointed out that it should have been $3.80. Thanks to Tasha for pointing out the error.

After coffee and the paper I got in the Aztek and drove to PreMarc on Chicago Drive. PreMarc makes prestressed concrete bridge beams. I took several pictures of recently made beams for my PP presentation.

The manager of the bridge beam operation is Tom Grumbine. I have known Tom since 1978. Tom and I talked for 1 1/2 hours. Tom never has any one to talk to so he was pretty lonely. I now know all the gossip regarding the bridge building industry.

Tonight Nancy and I had dinner with Ed and Mary Namey. We ate at Grand Rapids Brewing Company. I had the battered white fish. Nancy had a salad. Nancy made the right decision.

It is supposed to rain all week end. The rain is good because I can work on my PP and not feel bad about missing some good kayaking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I like a rainy weekend to get done chores that have been put off all summer.