Saturday, May 26, 2012

Saturday May 26, 2012

Today is my blog # 1,275. This is the longest I have ever stuck to a project. Ms P and I went out at 0500 but it was raining too hard for her to do her bidness. Nancy got up at 0630 and I slept in until 0700. It had stopped raining so I pedaled to Bill's for a pancake breakfast. On my way home I swung by Gas Light Village to use the ATM machine. I had planned on going on a long bike ride but the weather man called for thunder showers. Instead of a long ride I just rode around Reeds Lake. Nancy was busy doing outside work today. She cleaned the grill getting it ready for summer. She also trimmed some flowers and shrubs and planted the tomatoes she purchased on Thursday. We got the picnic table out of the garage and I cleaned off the breezeway. I spent over 2 hours trying to get a universal garage door opener I purchased from Radio Shack to work. I read the instructions, watched the video and changed the dip switch settings and it would not work. Finally I quit and took the device back to Radio Shack. They were real good about it and gave me my money back. Sears was close by so I went to their service center and was shown an opener exactly like the one that was broken. I came home set some dip switch settings and I was back in business. Nobody said I was smart. We had dinner at Olga's. I tried to walk Ms P around the block but she wanted to stay home with Nancy. I took a 1.5 mile walk. Being Memorial Day weekend I will watch some WW II movies before going to bed.

No comments: