Saturday, May 15, 2010

Saturday May 15, 2010

2147: I got up at 0625 and after taking Ms P out I dressed and walked to Bill's for a breakfast of pancakes and eggs. It was a beautiful day for a walk. When I got home I loaded up the kayak and headed for Reeds Lake. I spent 1.5 hours on the lake. This is my first time this year on Reeds Lake. The lake was very quiet with only a few fishermen. Spring and fall are the best times to paddle on Reeds Lake because the jet skiers are still hibernating.

After the kayak trip I decided to mow the lawn. Since it will probably be two weeks before the lawn gets mowed again I cut the grass really short. I did not edge or trim the lawn this week. After a quick shower I took a 30 minute nap. Tonight Nancy and I met the Horlings at Great Lakes Shipping for dinner. We ate in the main dining area and we each had a full dinner. The food was great. The Horlings told us how cold and windy it was in Florida this winter. We spent nearly 2.5 hours talking and eating. This is a great way to spend an evening.

Not much on TV so Nancy and I are reading our new books. Since we don't need groceries this week we are going out for breakfast tomorrow after our swim. In fact we will swim 1,000 yards instead of 1,500. We must conserve our strength for our big trip next week.

No comments: