Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Wednesday June 6, 2012

Today is the anniversary of the D Day landing. I did not know anyone who was in the first wave but I did know some who were in the third wave. They are now all in their late 80s. Ms P and I went out at 0430 today. I finally got up at 0700. Today is my easy day so I got on my bike and headed to Bill's for breakfast. When I entered Bill's I saw an attorney that I knew from the McKay Tower. We said our greetings and then he invited me to join him for breakfast. Dave was a Marine assigned to guard the USA Embassy in Saigon in 1968. We talked about Saigon and how things have changed in the past 45 years. It was an enjoyable breakfast. On my way home I pedaled to Gas Light Village to use the ATM machine. I then took Ms P on a walk around the block. I was really tired this morning so at noon I grabbed my Kindle and headed to bed for a read and nap. I read most of the WSJ. A lot is being written on the vote in WI. I really think that most people only want to recall an elected official if they were crooked. I would never vote to recall an official just because I disagreed with their policies. If I don't like him I won't vote for him in the next election. On another matter I was surprised how easy the pension reform measure passed in San Jose. After my nap I backed out my car and started working on the new kayak rack. I made two trips to Rylee's before I finally got it right. We had a light dinner and after the news took a one mile walk. It is now 2030 and I will start reading the e -edition of the GRP. I might watch a TV show at 2100. If nothing is on I will head to bed and try and finish the book I am reading on the Kindle.

No comments: