Monday, June 4, 2012

Monday June 4, 2012

From the did you know department: Secretary of Defense Panetta is visiting Cam Rahn Bay today. Ltjg R H Scott was one of the first USA military to visit Cam Ranh Bay. The Navy built a pier at CRB in 1963. It was one of my projects. Cam Ranh Bay is one of the most beautiful place I ever visited. It had a great beach. To get to CRB I rode in a Vietnamese Navy convoy from Nha Trang. Nha Trang is now a very popular beach resort. Monday morning, June 4, 2012 and Ms P must have been tired from all the ball chasing she did yesterday. She slept in until 0600. I got up for good at 0700. After doing my at home routine minus the rowing I loaded my bike on the C2 and headed to Riverside Park. I rode 12.5 miles north to just past Rockford. My total mileage was 25 miles. I just wanted to see if I was ready for Sunday's 25 mile ride in Ohio. After the ride I stopped at the Kava House to read the WSJ and DFP. Saturday's WSJ had an interesting article on the loss of the cherry crop in Michigan. Today I found an article on Argentina taking over a Spanish oil exploration company. It was very interesting. Argentina does not want to compensate the company for its loss of assets. It appears that the government tramples on both human and property rights. Today's DFP had several articles on the corruption trial of the former mayor, his father and several buddies. When I got home I had a quick lunch. This afternoon Jacobson's Heating and Cooling is sending a service man to check out our AC. He arrived about 1400 and was done in 30 minutes. Everything was fine. We have a green fungi growing on the garage bricks near the ground line. The fungi is growing in areas that does not get any sun. I sprayed a super duper anti fungi spray on a test area. I hope is works. The manual says the fungi should be gone in 2 days. I also purchased some materials for my kayak rack at Rylee's. Tonight we will have a light dinner and then we will take a 1 mile walk. Not much on TV so I hope to go to bed early. Actually Nancy found a show she likes on the Hallmark Channel and she will stay up until 2200. It is now 2130 and I am shutting down.

No comments: