Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Tuesday June 5, 2012

More military history: Yesterday was the 70th Anniversary of the Battle of Midway. Did you know that no Japanese troops ever set foot on the Island. Fifty years ago this date I was stationed on Midway. It was not considered prime duty. I spent 1 year, two weeks, three days and thirteen hours on the Island. This morning I woke up Ms P at 0445 and we headed outside. I returned to bed and got up at 0645. Today is a busy exercise day. I finished working out at 1130 and did not get to the Kava House until noon. It was cool when I left home this morning but at noon I did not need the sweatshirt. Next week I will start wearing shorts. It took 1h 30' to read the WSJ and DFP and I found nothing important to report on. I got home at 1400. At 1530 Nancy and I are going to the dedication of the Paul I Phillips Recreation facility. The renovation of the old Christian High gym was a GRBA project. Grand Rapids has contracted with the Boys and Girls Club to run the facility. It should be a good addition to the community. Nancy grilled a pork loin for dinner. We watched the news and then took Ms P on a mile walk. I started watching NCIS but fell asleep and slept for 1.5 hours. I might have to change my heavy Tuesday exercise routine. I was in bed before 2100.

No comments: