Sunday, June 3, 2012

Sunday June 3, 2012

THE WEEKEND REPORT: Saturday June 2 When Ms P and I went out at 0530 it looked like the rain had passed. At 0700 when Nancy and I got up we assumed it was not going to rain so we moved all the stuff in the garage out to the drive way. When this chore was done I got on my bike and headed to Bill's for breakfast. I had their oatmeal. When I got home Nancy was happy because one lady had purchased over $100. The driveway was looking empty. She stopped the sale at 1130. I loaded up the car and took what we could not sell to Goodwill. I had to make two trips. Nancy declared the Garage Sale a success. About 1500 I decided I needed to take a walk. I put on some sunscreen and my GPS and headed out on a new route. I hoped it would be about 5 miles. Two miles into my walk it started to rain. I cut the original route short and headed home. I was really wet when I got home. I had walked only 3.5 miles. After a shower and change of clothes we headed out to Russ's for dinner. I had a hot turkey sandwich and Nancy had soup and a salad. We were the youngest couple at Russ's. Not much on TV so Nancy headed upstairs at 2100 and I stayed down and watched the hockey game. I was in bed by 2200. Old folks are really boring. Sunday June 3 Ms P and I went out at 0530 and I think the rain has finally passed. At 0655 we got up and headed to the MAC for our Sunday morning swim. I swam 1500 yards in 43'. After the MAC we headed to Meijer's to purchase supplies for next week. I filled the Taurus up and gas was $3.55 per gallon. Nancy fixed her world famous poached eggs for breakfast. I read a few sections of the GRP. I called Missy this morning. Next Friday I am going to Lakewood. On Sunday Missy and I are riding in the Cleveland Bike Club's "A Sunday in June" bike ride. This will be our fourth time that we have participated in this ride. We will go 25 miles. The ride is very pleasant and takes us through Amish farm country. At noon I headed upstairs for my Sunday nap. After the nap I reattached our door closer on the side screen door. It had pulled out yesterday so I had purchased some epoxy and filled in the screw holes. It seems to have worked. I got out the lawn mower and cut the grass. It was not very long. In fact I did not have to trim or edge today. It was a bright sunny day so Ms P was outside with me all the time. My arm is sore from throwing the ball. Nancy is grilling hot dogs for dinner tonight. We will finish reading the GRP and watch 60 minutes before heading upstairs.

No comments: