Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Tuesday September 6, 2011

Last night for the first time in several weeks I slept sound. I got up at 0700. I still have my cold so I went half speed today. It was cold this morning, 57, so I wore a coat and sweatshirt. However, I did wear short pants. This is the first day of school for the public schools so I expected traffic to be heavy. It was.

At the Kava House I read the papers and drank my coffee. Dr Oz in an article in Time says coffee is good for me. It will make me smarter. Today's WSJ was all doom and gloom. I don't think anyone knows how to get the jobs machine working. I think shutting down the operations in the Middle East would save a lot of money. All the news outlets are playing up the 10th anniversary of 9/11. Like the day JFK was shot I do remember 9/11/01.

I had a quick lunch and then started running some errands. My first stop was D&W to buy some lottery tickets. I usually purchase 1 ticket for each of the big games. I do not purchase more than 1 ticket and I never play a game where the payout is less than 1 million. Next I stopped at Rylee's to buy a 15 mm wrench for my bike. My final stop was Bill and Paul's. I have several pair of quick dry briefs that I take on long trips where space is at a minimum. I wanted to buy some quick dry socks. The sales women told me to buy wool socks because wool does not have to be changed every day. I totally disagree. If you wear any sock more than 1 day fungi will result.

Nancy is fixing chicken sandwiches tonight. We also will have a salad and corn-on-the-cob. Sounds good doesn't it. We will watch some TV and read the GRP before heading upstairs. I hope to take a 1.5 mile walk between 1900 and 2000. I have to get to bed early because I have Breakfast Club tomorrow.

No comments: