Monday, September 5, 2011

Monday September 4, 2011

Today is Labor Day. We had planned on going on Grand Rapid's Bridge walk this morning. We have done several of these five mile walks. The alarm goes off at 0630 and Nancy said I sounded terrible and we should stay home. I go back to sleep and wake up at 0830.

We are heading to Arnie's for breakfast. We just got started when Nancy mentioned going to the Discount Mall near Howell. I said let's go so we turn around and head home to set the alarm and Nancy wanted to get some reading material for the drive. We did have breakfast at Arnie's.

I was surprised at the heavy traffic going east on I 96. It was nearly bumper to bumper. We got to the Mall at noon. We agree to meet back at the car in 2 hours. I purchased a leather vest and a sweat shirt. The mall was jammed. Nancy also made several purchases.

We got home about 1600. This evening we will revert to our normal Monday night fare for dinner. We intend to watch some TV and then head upstairs. I want to get rid of the cold soon. I will take a 1.5 mile walk so I can get my 30 in.

No comments: