Thursday, June 10, 2021

June 9, 2021

 Wednesday June 21, 2021

Blog time 1220 sitting outside at my regular Panera.

Up this morning at 0700.  It was humid and 73.

Nancy is swimming this morning.  She usually waits until 0830 before leaving for the pool.  Getting a lane is difficult.

This afternoon Nancy is working at Meijer Gardens.

Today is my easy Wednesday.  I did calisthenics at 50%.

Breakfast then headed out on a 10.5 mile bike ride. Noted a dead deer alongside Cascade Road.  Looked like it had been recently hit.  Cascade Road is difficult for deer.

School ends this week.  This week for the first time the school year, I noted that school bus traffic was back to normal.  A steady stream going west on Cascade.

It was 82 when I got home.  Took a quick shower and headed to my favorite Panera.  As usual I used the drive thru but after getting my order I sat at an outside table to do my morning reading.  My table had an umbrella so it was pleasant. 

At 1230 I headed to Meijer’s for some supplies.  My new favorite snacks are Vanilla Pudding and mini Naans.

Lunch followed by normal Wednesday chores, laundry, trash and recyclables.  

I store a lot of clothes in crates. I keep the crates in basements.  It is very convenient.  However, over time clothes get put in wrong crates.

Spent a couple of hours getting things squared away.  I put a name tag on every crate.  Also picked out clothes to take on our upcoming trip.

Before taking a nap I turned on the AC.  It was 90 degrees outside.  I can remember summers when the temperature never reached 90.  This year we have had at least 6 day over 90 so far.

For dinner tonight we had Cheerios with fresh strawberries and a scone.

We watched some news tonight.  President Biden’s trip to UK was the top story.  POTUS will also meet with President Putin.  I sure hope he comes across as a no nonsense President who will retaliate against any Russian threats.

Tonight we watched Shakespeare and Hathaway.  We give this show a B+.

We also watched an episode of “The Kominsky Method”.  No rating yet.

It was still warm and humid when checked the courtyard at 2200.  No critters seen.  Also turned off the AC before turning in.


No comments: