Friday, June 11, 2021

June 10, 2021

Thursday June 10, 2021

 Blog time 1000 sitting inside at Nonna’s Pantry.

Up with a 0630 alarm this morning.  This morning Nancy has a 0730 appointment with the Oral Surgeon.  Later she will go swimming.  

This evening we are having a pot luck dinner at Kathi Kothe’s.  This will be our last interaction with Kathi before she moves.

The temperature was 70 this morning with humidity at 90%.  Presently,1015, the temperature is 75 and humidity at 80%.  Total hours of sun today, 15h18’.

Today I did calisthenics at 100%.  Tomorrow I start winding down with calisthenics at 75%.

Oatmeal breakfast and then get on Cannondale and pedaled 5.5 miles to Nonna’s Pantry in downtown Ada. Ordered coffee and a scone.  

Read papers and finished yesterday’s blog.  Also spent time people watching.  Heavy foot traffic on the sidewalk in front of Nonna’s.  

Our string of great weather is unbelievable.  Sun everyday for my bike ride.  Reminds me of the words of the song “summertime and the living is easy”.

Left Ada before 1100 and took a 10 mile ride home.  Got home at noon.  Total miles today, 15.4.

Finished my shave and shower when Nancy arrived home.  She had lost her Driver’s License.  It was very upsetting.  We looked everywhere with no luck.

Nancy drove to the Secretary of State’s office in Centerpoint Mall.  The SofS has come under at lot of criticism lately because of failure to provide timely service.  I had a problem earlier this year and had to call my Legislator to get any action.

Lunch and then started out on some errands when phone rang. It was the SofS office saying Nancy has a 1540 appointment tomorrow.  

Headed to Meijer’s to pick up a prescription.  The Pharmacist said that I was too early.  The prescription will not be filled until Tuesday.  I said that I was leaving for CA on Monday.  His reply, Tough!  So much for friendly service.

Nancy has almost finished packing for our Ca trip.  I did spend some time this afternoon locating items such as swim suit and bike shorts that I want to take with me.  I even laundered pants I will take with me.

At 1630 we drove to Kathi Kothe’s.  Tonight we had a farewell party of snacks and wine.  Also in attendance was Bev Johnson an old friend of Kathi’s.  In years past Bev was on Debbie and Missy’s paper route.

We sat on Kathi’s screened in porch and enjoy a pleasant evening.  Nancy was emotional when she said farewell to Kathi.

Missy FaceTimed this evening.

It was warm and humid when made last outside check this evening



No comments: