Thursday, June 3, 2021

June 2, 2021

 Wednesday June 2, 2021

Blog time 1900 sitting in living room

Up this morning with alarm at 0530.  For the first time in over a year the GR Breakfast Club, Early Risers is meeting in person at the University Club in downtown GR.

Left home at 0630 in bright sun.  Traffic was light.

It was great to see all the members.  We had 30 members in attendance.  Food today was scrambled eggs, ham, muffins and fruit.  Very good.

Today’s speaker was from the Union of Concerned Scientists.  He gave a very general talk on Climate Change.  When opened up to questions he gave some vague answers to many questions.

When arrived home Nancy said she wanted to buy some more plants.  We drove to Huisanga’s on Eastern Ave.  Nancy purchased 5 perennials.  

I noted a couple also shopping who looked familiar.  I knocked on their window and asked if they were  the Obermeyers, Diane and Skip. 

The Obermeyers were involved in biking and speed skating.  Their children all went to Ottawa HS with our kids.  Karen was in Debbie’s class, Brian was in Missy’s class.  Kevin was a year ahead of Steve.  Kevin played hockey.  Skip and I were heavily involved in the Ottawa HS Booster’s hockey club.

At home I took a 10 mile bike ride on single speed Nishiki.  The single speed although fun to pedal is tough on my hip when climbing hills.  I will try and sell it.

On the ride through the Gatehouse Condos, a women said “Good Morning Bob”.  I did not respond but after passing her I said how did she know my name.  Turned around and talked to her.  She was a long time employee of the Michigan Athletic Club (MAC). I saw her every day for 10 years.  We had a pleasant talk.

Today’s blasts from the past.

This afternoon Nancy is working at the Gardens.  She had already left when I got home from my ride.

Lunch and then shower.

This afternoon I did a load of laundry.  Usually I take out the trash but because of the Memorial Day Holiday trash pickup is a day late.

This and that

Ethiopia’s war against its province Tigray is causing famine to over 2 million citizens.  Efforts are being made to get a ceasefire.

Looks like Israel will have a new leader after many years.  Change is good.

Russian hackers attacked a US meat packing company.  Our elected leaders seem confused about what to do.  Will President Biden bring up the Russian hackers when he meets with President Putin?  

How are the Tigers doing?

For tonight’s dinner we got back to normal.  Cheerios with a lot of fruits.

Watched news before viewing another episode of New Tricks.  Best show now streaming.

Debbie and Missy FaceTimed this evening.   Everything is normal.

Temperature in 60s when checked courtyard at 2200.  The moon is now in its Third Quarter Phase.  I know this because I googled it.

It starts getting hot tomorrow.

  

No comments: