Thursday, December 17, 2015

Thursday December 17, 2015

Finally we have some cool weather. Temps were in the mid 30s this morning. I took the 6, or is it 7, miles route to the Y this morning. I am winding down for our trip on Friday to CA. I did the calisthenics at 75%. I did run a mile. It takes me 11’ to run a mile. The WSJ had several articles on the failures of the Afghan Army. Young army soldiers are deserting at a record rate. We have spent billions of dollars training the army to no avail. When will we learn. I am alway amazed at how dumb smart people are. After a quick lunch I spent several hours writing checks to the various charities we give to each year. I needed to do some banking and mail the checks so I got on my bike and ran the errands. I took a short nap. Nancy fixed hamburgs for dinner tonight. We are now watching Doc Martin on netflix. I love this show. 1962: On the Thursday before Christmas in 1962 I spent my last night on Midway Island. I attended a Going Away Party for Ensign Scott (yours truly) at the Officer’s Club. After one year, two weeks, three days I was going home tomorrow. The flight to Hawaii leaves at 1400. I was two hours early. I survived one year etc on an Island in the middle of the Pacific with a surface area of less the 1,200 acres.

No comments: