Friday, May 20, 2011

Friday May 20, 2011

I cannot believe it is Friday already. How come the days appear to fly by on the nicest time of the year. I love late Spring. The weatherperson said that the heavy early morning fog would lift before noon and then we would have a beautiful day with temperatures in the 70s. She was right.

I rode my bike this morning for the first time in a week. I had no balance problems. Instead of going to the Kava House I pedaled home so Ms P and I could check out gas powered lawn mowers. Yesterday I had stopped at Rylee's. Today I stopped at Home Depot and the Bike and Mower shop on Fulton. The Toro mower I was looking at was a little cheaper at Home Depot ($20) but they could not service it. The Bike and Mower shop is now called Ada Bike Shop but the old owner still sells and services mowers. The cost at both Rylee's and Ada was the same. However, the Ada store would take my electric mower in on trade. I purchased the mower from Ada. Ada is a truly local owned store while Rylee's is an Ace franchise. Shop locally.

I started cutting the grass at 1530 and I was done in an hour. This is one hour less than the electric. In addition the gas mower is self propelled. I must admit the grass looks good.

Nancy and I stayed home tonight and had deli sandwiches for dinner. After my evening beer I took Ms P on a walk around the block. I was still hyper so I went on a 1.2 mile walk. It was a beautiful evening for a walk. The tress are leafed out and the flower are in full bloom. At 2115 I took Ms P out to do her bidness and it was still light.

I hope everyone is getting their 30 minutes in each day. I got mine in today.

No comments: