Monday, July 24, 2023

July 24, 2023

 Monday July 24, 2023

Blog time 1618 sitting in office

Slept in this morning until 0730.  Nancy was already up getting ready for her Monday swim.

Fixed oatmeal/w blueberries for breakfast.  Pumped up tires on my Surley and pedaled five miles to MVP.  I did my chin-ups/pull-up, sit ups and pushups.  I do the pushups using a device that elevates my hands about 6” above the ground.  I cannot do standard pushups because of my arthritic right shoulder.

After MVP I pedaled 5 miles back home.  Showered, got dressed and headed to Panera for coffee and some reading.  

After Panera I headed to Home Depot.  My chin-up bar that rests on a standard door frame is too small for Cook Valley doors.  The doors in Cook Valley are wider than normal to accommodate wheel chairs.  I bought 2” dia PVC pipe.  At home I sawed the pipe to exact length.  My chin-up bar now fits perfect.

I have not written my monthly note to Grandkids.  Will try to complete this afternoon.

Blog resumes at 1930. Tonight we attended the 1700 Happy Hour.  Small group tonight.  We sat outside.  It was 84 and very pleasant.

Dinner reservations at 1745.  Tonight we both had shrimp cocktail.  I also had a bowl of tomato bisque.

Debbie FaceTimed this evening.  We had not talked in awhile. It was good to get caught up.

Tonight we watched another episode of “London Kills” on Acorn.

No comments: