Sunday, July 10, 2016

Sunday July 10, 2016

Log time: 1708

AJ was the first one up this morning, 0630. I guess that means she is over jet lag.

The weather folks said we are in store for another hot, sunny day. They were right. The high temp reached 86.

A light bulb went off this morning when I headed out to the mailbox to get the morning paper. I had not cancelled our mail service for next week. Luckily I had a blank form.

Nancy said she is starting her vacation early so no Y this morning. I got on my bike and took the short route to the Y. I did the calisthenics at 50% and ran a mile. I got home at 0930.

Nancy needed to make a quick trip to Meijer’s. Ms P, AJ and I took a short walk. We made a close inspection of a pond in the back yard. The pond was loaded with frogs. AJ regretted that she did not bring her net. What do you do if you catch a frog?

Nancy fixed her world famous scrambled eggs for breakfast. I had mine with sour dough bread and bacon. I do not know any man who does not like bacon. The Breakfast Club folks alway cook up a lot of bacon. Each member take at least six slices. I think that BC is the only place that they can eat as much as they want. Their wife probably tells them how bad it is for their health and limit the portions at home.

I took a walk around the block. At 1500 Nancy and AJ put on their swim suits and headed to MVP’s huge outdoor pool.

I took a short nap. After, I headed downstairs to clean up my desk.

Tonight Nancy is fixing Italian beef sandwich for dinner. She cooked the beef in the crock pot. I will have mine over sour dough bread. Sound good!

July, 1927 my Grandmother Hughes was in Scotland. On the 8th she visited her father’s birthplace, Campbeltown. Yesterday she saw the King and Queen arrive at Edinburgh Castle. Today the 10th she is on a 200 mile sightseeing trip. She will visit a famous loch and Rob Roy’s cave.

On this date in 1938 (the year of my birth) in Ossineke, Mi. My Great-grandfather Sanborn said it was cloudy with some rain. No ball game today so he and GGM took a car trip to visit friends. GGF had a Lincoln Zephyr car. A car guy I know said the Zephyr had a V12 engine. Attendance today at the Ossineke Methodist Church was 20.




No comments: