Thursday, January 24, 2013

Thursday January 24, 2013

The cold continues. It was single digits early this morning. We had about an inch of snow so Nancy and Bob had to shovel. I continue to drive to the MAC. The road still are not clear. I did the tri this morning. It feels good to swim in nearly 80 degree water on these cold mornings. I did my after workout routine at Breton Village. I get tired of hearing about the ND football player. I am interested in the French activities in Mali. Is Northern Africa going to be the new home of terrorists? Although I disagree with our President on almost everything he proposes I do think the early withdrawal of troops from Afghanistan is good. I also like his selection of Chuck Hagel for Defense Secretary. I am for a much smaller military. I had a quick lunch before heading out to Rylee's Hardware. Yesterday I had a terrible time installing a computer keyboard tray that slides under my desk when not in use. Come to find out the instructions were wrong on the type of screw driver required. I needed a square headed screw driver and not a phillips. Tomorrow I will install the tray. I was very cold so I turned on my electric blanket and took a short nap. It being Thursday Nancy and I headed to Great Lakes Shipping for dinner. Nancy had a chicken breast and I had the French dip. Tonight I will watch "A Person of Interest" and hope I do not fall asleep. Seventy five years ago on this date my Great Grandfather Sanborn reported that it was 40 and raining in Ossineke, Michigan. The schools were closed. It was Monday so GGM Sanborn was doing the laundry.

No comments: