Monday, January 21, 2013

Monday January 21, 2013

Today is our first real winter day. The temperature never got above 12. Nancy and I started the day shoveling the drive. I had to shovel two more times before dinner. It is so cold that the snow is very light. I used my new super wide shovel. I drove to the MAC this morning. I still have not fully recovered from my cold because I cannot do my normal aerobics at 100%. After the MAC I ran several errands. We had two special lightbulbs burn out so I made a run to the lighting center. It was so cold this morning that Ms P's pooper scooper froze and I broke it trying to get it to open. Special light bulbs and pooper scoopers are not cheap. My computer is on the fritz so I have my computer guy coming in tomorrow. I miss spell check. Today is a holiday so the WSJ was not printed. When I don't read the WSJ I gain an hour to do something else. Today it was shoveling snow. I am perhaps one of the few folks that like to shovel. I think it stems from my boyhood when my Grandmother insisted that I keep the sidewalks clean so that all her friends would not stumble. In my youth a lot of older folks put their cars up on blocks for the winter. Everyone walked. Every once in a while one of my grandmother's friends would say what a nice job on did on the sidewalk. I liked that. Nancy and I watched the President's speech today or was it a sermon. His agenda is not my agenda. This first swearing in of a president that I watched on TV was John Kennedy in 1961. I thought Kennedy's "ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country" was great. He set the right tone.

No comments: