Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sunday January 27, 2012

Ms P and I went out Saturday morning at 0600. We had about 1" of snow on the ground. I shoveled the walk and then headed back to bed. I finally got up at 0750. There was too much snow on the roads to ride my bike so I walked to the Omelet Shop for a bowl of oatmeal. We had bright sunshine for my walk home. I spent some of the afternoon catching up on my reading. Mostly Time and SI. I also continued reading my Ken Follett book. It is quite good. The nice thing about cold winter days is that this is the time of year you can catch up on reading and doing inside chores. Yes I did take a nap. At 1730 Nancy and I got in the Taurus and headed to Radix a new restaurant in Eastown. We met the Nameys at the restaurant. This was the first time for both of us. We were disappointed and gave the place a C-. After dinner we returned to our house for ice cream and cookies. Sunday morning we all got up at 0655 and got ready for the MAC. Nancy still cannot swim because of her face so she walked on the treadmill. I swam 1500 yards. This is my first 1500 yards of 2013. My time was a slow 47'. We ended up at Meijer's for our weekly supplies. I filled the car up and gas was $3.31 per gallon. Nancy fixed her world famous scrambled eggs for breakfast. I read a few sections of the GRP before taking my Sunday afternoon nap. Actually I spent most of my nap time reading my book. Nancy is fixing chili for dinner tonight. We will watch 60 minutes and NCIS. During commercials I will switch over to the UM basketball game. Why are they playing basketball on Sunday? Sunday was the major study day when I was in college. Seventy five years ago in Ossineke, Mi my Great Grandfather Sanborn wrote that it very cold. His gauge said -2. GGF was home bound because of the cold so for exercise he walked 6,000 feet upstairs. Remember GGF Sanborn was 83.

No comments: