Sunday, October 23, 2011

Friday October 21, 2011

The weather people said the rain has stopped but it was misting on my ride to and from the MAC. Today completes my first full week since our high calorie Eastern Europe trip. Push ups and chin ups are harder when one is carrying 10 extra pounds. Hoever, I did survive the week. I did end up at the Kava House and read both the WSJ and DFP. I try to read as fast as I can but it still takes about 60 minutes to read the WSJ. I think I understand the money problems in Europe and I do not see an easy solution. I see that our leaders are giving us folks on SS a raise. Do we really need one? After a quick lunch I started running some errands. My first stop of Costco where I bought two wool/polyester blend long sleeve tee shirts. They might keep me warm on my cold weather bike rides. Costco every once in a while has great bargains on men's clothing. My next stop was Gander Mountain to get some wool ragg socks. They did not have any. I guess my only supply is LL Bean. Finally, I stopped at Master Cleaners to pick up all my winter wool coats and jackets. I think I am now set for cold weather. We attended the OHNA's monthly TGIF. I always enjoy attending these functions to find out what the neighbors are doing. 50 years ago October I was attending the Navy's Civil Engineering Corps Officer's school. In Port Hueneme, CA. This school was not too hard. In fact it was kind of fun after OCS. We got out of class about 1500 and then we spent the rest of the day enjoying the many great athletic facilities the Base had. We went swimming, played racketball, and even had a touch football team. It was great to be an Ensign in the CEC of the Navy.

No comments: