Friday, December 22, 2023

December 20, 2023

Wednesday December 20, 2023

Blog time 1615 on Friday December 22

We followed our standard routine today.

Up at 0730.  Fixed oatmeal with Blueberries.  Nancy never eats breakfast.  

Another mild day in GR.  Temps will reach 40.  I cannot remember a warmer December in Michigan.  Global warming?

We usually head to MVP between 0830 and 0900.  Today is Nancy's swim day and I stick to my weekday calisthenics.

For health reasons Nancy no longer drives.

MVP is a little over a mile from our apartment.  After my workout I shower and apply dry skin lotion.  My big problem this time of year is keeping my hands well lubricated.  Aveeno does not work.  My best luck has been with cetaphil.  I apply at least 5 times daily.

After our workout we headed to Panera.  Ordered two scones (1 for each of us) and coffee.  We both spend some time reading on our iPads. After Panera we run errands.

Rest of day's activities:

Nap, Happy Hour, Dinner and then some TV.  Tonight we watched the last episode of "The Night Manager".

I finish my day reading the WSJ.  

This and that:

I still cannot figure out why so many American do not back Israeli.  Clearly Hamas is responsible for the military action.

The Super performance of the stock market is a surprise.

The lack of support by some Americans for Ukraine surprises me.

The US Navy is in bad shape.  Congress has to make a major effort to bring it up world class.

AHS has a great hockey team.  Basketball not so much.

  

   

No comments: