Friday, June 9, 2023

June 8, 2023

 Thursday June 8, 2023

Blog time 1030 at Debbie’s house in San Jose.

Woke up to sun and mid 50 temps at 0600.

Both Nancy and I slept well.

Debbie worked at home until early morning then headed to Apple’s office.  Will return later this afternoon.

First thing I put collar on Violet,  Debbie’s dog and took her for a 90 minute walk.  

At home (Debbie’s ) we locked up and Nancy and I walked to Donut shop for coffee and donuts.  It was sunny but cool.  Temp in 50s.  We overindulged in our selection of baked goods.

At home I started getting caught up on blogs. Also read the morning papers.  

Last year I had Ada Bike box up my Nishiki single speed bike and ship it to Debbie in San Jose.  Today I opened the box and started putting it together.  I did make a FaceTime call to Ada to make sure I had the handle bars attached properly.  I did.  

Pumped up the tires and took an 8 mile ride on the Los Gatos Creek bike trail.  The trail is flat so I had no problems with the single speed.  Traffic on the trail was heavy.  Great ride.

At home showered and shaved before a light lunch.  Debbie got home from work about 1700.  We took a short ride to a sports store.  I am looking to replace my Chaco vented walking shoes.  No luck.  I did buy bike shorts and gloves that I had left at home.

For dinner tonight Debbie and I had salmon with pesto sauce.  Nancy only had toast.  

After dinner we took Violet on a short walk. Spent the rest of the evening talking.

Nancy and I were in bed at 2130.  A very pleasant day.  Temperature was in 50s at bed time.  San Jose’s weather has been cooler the GRs.  


No comments: