Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Cloudy with chance of rain. The perfect day to sit in front of my computer and finish my project. I completed the project at 1330. I now have to figure out how I want to spend my free time. This will be an enjoyable undertaking.

My priority list is:
  • kayak
  • bike
  • learn Spanish
  • read more books
  • chores around house

I have also been asked to teach 2 seminars at the U of M on bridge design using prestressed concrete beams. I am mulling over this proposal.

I have 2 kayaks, a 12 footer and a 15 footer. When I paddle on local stream I use the 12' kayak because it is easier to handle. With considerable practise I have mastered the J stroke using a canoe paddle. I prefer a canoe paddle because of its light weight and I think it puts less strain on the joints. Presently am using a carbon fiber bent shaft paddle that weighs ounces. I also use the paddle backwards of its intended use. I just tell the purists that it is easier for an old man.

I am rambling too much. Heading outside for a 3 mile walk.

3 comments:

RamblingMother said...

I have to tell you I appreciate how you start with the weather. My grandmother used to journal everyday until she just was unable to and she always wrote down the weather. I got my love for journaling from her and am so glad to have a blog for that reason (as my hand writing sucks).

Beverly
a blog friend of Melissa

Anonymous said...

chores around the house - how domestic of you dad :) The teaching gig sounds like a good thing - way to go Prof Bob. DS

Tami said...

If you decide you need more chores to do, I also have a house here in DC. :-)

Tami
a blog friend of Melissa