Friday, June 27, 2008

Thursday, June 26, 2008

A nice summer day, hot and humid. Today is officially the first day of my retirement. I will only do occasional consulting on an hour by hour basis. No projects over 8 hours. Started the day with my usual routine of exercise at home, bike to the Michigan Athletic Club for chin ups and a run. I then bike to a coffee shop for coffee and an opportunity to read the paper. In afternoon I mowed the grass using my new push reel type mower. Just like when I was a boy. I did raise the setting to make is easier to push.

At 1730 Nancy and Bob visited "Great Lakes Shipping" for an hour of music, beer and sandwiches. We sat outside. Summer is great.

1 comment:

Tasha Kent said...

I, on the other hand, spent the day inside pushing paper, doing grunt work, and dreaming of the day I retire.